Are you our new head of Kelp Processing? – Job Opportunity
At Kelp Blue, we’re striving to find long-term solutions to help restore the planet’s equilibrium and providing planet friendly products to some of the world’s largest industries.
Are you as passionate as we are about restoring the health of the oceans,
empowering sustainable industries and leaving the planet behind a better
place? Then come join us on our journey.
Because some of the things we’re trying to do have never been done before,
we’re looking for people who have a healthy dose of common sense, who are problem solvers by nature and that you’re comfortable getting on with tasks in an unstructured environment.
We’re a collection of sculptors, sailors, skiers, mountaineers, nature lovers and explorers who all share the same end goal and are not afraid of adventure.
Are you our new head of Kelp Processing?
We’re looking for someone to lead us in how we turn our harvested Kelp into biostimulants.
For centuries, kelp has been used to improve agricultural output. Filtering technology has allowed us to process seaweed into extract to be used as biostimulants. The market for biostimulants is growing enormously due to the increased demand for organic food as well as the trend to move away from chemical fertilizers. We see enormous opportunity to process the kelp we will be growing at scale into biostimulants and we’re looking for an ambitious person lead our processing workstream with the goal to have a processing plant up and running by the end of 2021.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with a Bio-chemist/process engineering background to do just this.
You’ll be responsible for leading and overseeing the process and methodology to extract Kelp’s nutrients, minerals and vitamins and process them into a stimulant that will nourish land-based plants. But don’t worry, you won’t be doing this alone. We’ve partnered with a company who already has a proven method for extraction, but we need it adapted for our purposes.
You will be:
- Leading the development of the process (together with our partner), helping to adapt and implement process strategies
- Creating testing methods and drafting process upgrades
- Troubleshooting to resolve operational problems, assessing the quality of the raw material
- Performing analyses on the environmental impact of production.
- Developing a process system that takes the best parts of other processes and put them together to make the best biostimulant in the market.
- Doing anything else that comes on your path when it comes to setting up our processing plant
Do you have the following?
- A Degree in Bio-Chemistry, Chemical engineering, manufacturing, or industrial Engineering
- 2-3 years proven work experience as a process engineer or working in a plant
- Knowledgeable on agricultural education.
- Isn’t afraid of a start-up environment where the pace is fast with plenty of freedom as long as you deliver results.
- Excellent diagnostic, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with processing/extraction or petro-chemical experience, preferably in fertilizer manufacturing or biostimulants is a plus
- An ease with working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- A good control of the English language (written and spoken)
- In the future, willingness to work in Namibia
- All of the above.
If ‘all of the above’, we can’t wait for you to contact us.
But, should you contact us? What’s in it for you?
For starters, the pure satisfaction of finishing your work day knowing that you are pushing the world into the right direction.
Second, you would join a highly collaborative flexible team. Our floor is always open for suggestions and opinions on how we can optimize our operations and maximize our impact on the planet.
Third, the founder and senior management are a very experienced group of people who’ve already established themselves and have a proven track record of delivering results and are dedicated to imparting their knowledge on the rest of the team to empower professional growth.
If you have been looking for a way to leave your imprint in the world, aren’t afraid of hard work and helping shape the future of businesses dedicated to sustainability, come join us at Kelp Blue.
To apply, please send your resume and your answer to these 2 question to NewKelpies@kelp.blue
Question 1: What the most challenging thing you’ve done so far in your lifetime?
Question 2: Why would you be a good fit for this role?