Data visualisation and Mapping Specialist
We’re looking for an innovative leader in the data visualisation space that can help us strengthen our capabilities and bring important data to life.
Cultivating Giant Kelp can change oceans and data visualization can help change people!
At Kelp Blue, we’re striving to find long-term solutions to help restore marine ecosystems and providing planet friendly products to some of the world’s largest industries.
Our goal is to increase ocean biodiversity by growing giant kelp forests at scale, beginning just off the coast of Lüderitz in Namibia and then in other cold water oceans around the world. These giant kelp forests will also lock away vast amounts of CO2. We will be tracking and sharing all of this this data.
But data is useless, unless people understand it.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Collect and analyse data
- Develop layered maps of coastal marine systems
- Understanding patterns and trends from datasets
- Create static and interactive data visualisations
- Visualise data into clear and attractive graphics
- Maintain data systems
- Use data visualisations to facilitate storytelling and data exploration, especially biodiversity changes.
- Lead organisational thinking about new and better ways to display information.
- Understand and develop data structures required to combine multiple data sets to allow for multi-faceted data exploration and performant dashboards.
DO YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
This role requires an independent self-starter with a strong affinity for numbers and quantitative data. An interest in ocean conservation and restoration is a plus.
• Excellent visual skills, including demonstrable design knowledge, such as layout, typography, color, interaction design and fluency with Adobe tools.
• Strong cartography skills.
• Expertise with charting and other data visualization techniques.
• Fluency with Adobe Illustrator, Excel and Photoshop.
• Experience with data journalism and associated tools, such as GIS is a must.
Want to apply?
Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and the name of the role in the subject line