Internship Cost Controller
We’re looking for an ambitious hands-on person who can help us keep track of our expenses and support us in budgeting our operations in Namibia.
YOU WILL BE:
- Compiling a costs book for products and services that we will need to purchase in the coming years
- Supporting our General Manager with monthly actuals analysis
- Helping validate our budget
About Kelp Blue
At Kelp Blue, we’re striving to find long-term solutions to help restore the planet’s equilibrium and providing planet friendly products to some of the world’s largest industries. Our goal is to re-wild the oceans by growing giant kelp forests at scale, beginning off the coast of Luderitz. These giant kelp forests will lock away CO2 forever, boost marine biodiversity and have an enormously positive social impact on coastal communities through job creation and education. Our company growth will be financed by the harvesting, processing and sale of the kelp canopy into environmentally-friendly inputs for multiple industries. We’re not a ‘business as usual’ company. We’re here to make a difference. We’re a lean team, we all roll up our sleeves to get the job done, whatever it may be. People who fit well will with us are independent thinkers yet team players and people who are results driven. Because some of the things we’re trying to do have never been done before, we’re looking for people who have a healthy dose of common sense, who are problem solvers by nature and that you’re comfortable getting on with tasks in an unstructured environment.
- A degree in finance, administration or a related field
- Motivated, organised and can work independently
- A good control of the English language (written and spoken)
- Good control of Microsoft Office (excel, powerpoint, etc)
Want to apply?
Send an email to: email@example.com with the name of the internship in the subject line.
Also please and answer the following questions:
- What’s your vision for Namibia in 2050, or what does Namibia look like in 2050 and what could you do to contribute to this vision?
- Why you are suited for this role?