Internship: Marine Environment Monitoring
We are looking for an intern with an environmental, remote sensing and marine realm mapping background and is passionate about the ocean, eager to learn and is hands-on.
Starting December/January 2020/21 for a period of 3 to 6 months (pending licence approval)
We are looking for an intern with an environmental, remote sensing and marine realm mapping background and is passionate about the ocean, eager to learn and is hands-on. Are you willing to grow with the Kelp Blue team by developing soft and hard skills and strong team player and leadership skills, then we have the perfect internship for you. Join us on this adventure!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Help develop monitoring plans for coastal, marine and offshore environment
- Spatial data analysis
- Process data from Remotely Operated Vehicles, Sonar acoustics and satellites
- Make use of GIS: ArcGIS/QGIS and R software.
- Monitor giant kelp growth offshore
- Monitor physicochemical and oceanographic parameters
- Monitor flora and fauna recruitment into the kelp forest
- Assess kelp forest ecosystem impacts through monitoring of indicator species
- Engage in ocean literacy
- Liaise with research institutions and government institutions
Want to apply?
Send an email to: email@example.com with the name of the internship in the subject line.
Also please and answer the following questions:
- What’s your vision for Namibia in 2050, or what does Namibia look like in 2050 and what could you do to contribute to this vision?
- Why you are suited for this role?