Internship: Seaweed Hatchery Assistant
We are looking for an intern to help us with our laboratory systems, HACCP and can developed SOPs.
We are looking for an intern with a food technology/microbiology/biotechnology background, understands laboratory systems, HACCP and can developed SOPs. The person should be meticulous with great attention to detail. Are you willing to grow with the Kelp Blue team by developing soft and hard skills and strong team player and leadership skills, then we have the perfect internship for you. Join us on this adventure!
What you will do
- Help develop Standard Operating Procedures
- Conduct environmental (Lab) monitoring
- Calibrate and verify equipment
- Help with Gametophyte extractions
- Monitor physicochemical parameters
- Maintain cultures
- Help with gametophyte propagations
- Monitor sporophyte growth
- Develop and maintain databases
- Conduct research and compile reports
- Help ensure biosecurity
Want to apply?
Send an email to: email@example.com with the name of the internship in the subject line.
Also please and answer the following questions:
- What’s your vision for Namibia in 2050, or what does Namibia look like in 2050 and what could you do to contribute to this vision?
- Why you are suited for this role?