Short Term Consultancy (20 days) - Registered Civil Engineer
Registered Civil Engineer to help prepare technical tasks to complete blueprint for commercial project
Kelp Blue is striving to find long-term solutions to help restore the planet’s equilibrium and provide planet friendly products to some of the world’s largest industries. Its goal is to re-wild the oceans by growing giant kelp forests at scale, beginning with a pilot project from 2020 off the coast of Luderitz. These giant kelp forests will lock away CO2 forever, boost marine biodiversity and have an enormously positive social impact on coastal communities.
Kelp blue is not a ‘business as usual’ company. “We’re here to make a difference”.
SCOPE OF WORK
Kelp blue is nearing the completion of its pilot project and is developing a blueprint for its commercial phase. There are various technical tasks that have to be undertaken adequately to conclude the pilot phase.
- Arrange and coordinate internal stakeholder engagements
- Gather information on the technical development and designs of substrate structures
- Plan, develop and deliver kelp Blue civil engineering portfolio
- Engineering design of large-scale artificial offshore substrate systems
- Onshore array construction management and offshore array deployment.
- Understanding of the impact of weather patterns on array structures
- Procedures and dynamic analysis of offshore installation
- Structural monitoring of dynamic behaviour of the substrate structure
- Possession of a skippers ticket and pilot exemption is an added advantage
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with specialisation in Hydraulic Engineering
A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
Namibia Engineering Council registration
It is anticipated that the consultancy will commence on 13 June 2022 for a period not longer than 20 working days
This is a flexible assignment with travel to Luderitz
The deadline for applications is 8 June 2022.
Applicants should send a cover letter, CV – not more than 2 pages, Post graduate qualifications, relevant board registrations and very brief proposed budget
Use the job title (SHORT TERM CONSULTANCY) as the subject of the email
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed applicants will be notified by 10 June 2022.